RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

is there a way to change default brush spacing?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

is there a way to change default brush spacing? BEIGE 04 Jan 22:42
  is there a way to change default brush spacing? David Gowers 04 Jan 23:18
  is there a way to change default brush spacing? tin 07 Feb 20:36
2009-01-04 22:42:48 UTC (over 15 years ago)
postings

I'm reviewing Gimp 2.6.4 and this is the first in a long list of stupid questions I'll be asking. Since pixmap brushes can't be edited and their spacing isn't stored across relaunches, can you edit the default spacing of brushes? 25 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too big and I'm getting bad stepping with my imported PS brushes.

David Gowers
2009-01-04 23:18:45 UTC (over 15 years ago)

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Dave wrote:

I'm reviewing Gimp 2.6.4 and this is the first in a long list of stupid questions I'll be asking. Since pixmap brushes can't be edited and their spacing isn't stored across relaunches, can you edit the default spacing of brushes? 25 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too big and I'm getting bad stepping with my imported PS brushes.

PS brushes != pixmap brushes. (I can edit pixmap brushes myself, just fine.)

I believe it is currently assumed that the user will re-save a brush with adjusted spacing if this is important This is debatable IMO. In this situation I think making an ABR load/save plugin from the current code in the core is the right way to address this.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=531326

David

2017-02-07 20:36:15 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I'm reviewing Gimp 2.6.4 and this is the first in a long list of stupid
questions I'll be asking. Since pixmap brushes can't be edited and their
spacing isn't stored across relaunches, can you edit the default spacing of
brushes? 25 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too big and I'm getting bad stepping with my
imported PS brushes.

I just followed some tutorial and it required changing brush spacing. And I had to play around to find out where it is. It's not very intuitive in GIMP. So I wrote a graphical guide to show you how to change brush spacing in GIMP. http://bakon.ca/gimplearn/how-to-change-brush-spacing-in-gimp-385