RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP logo license

This discussion is connected to the gimp-developer-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP logo license Jonathan Wolf 17 Aug 11:52
  GIMP logo license Martin Nordholts 17 Aug 17:49
Jonathan Wolf
2009-08-17 11:52:08 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

GIMP logo license

Hi,

I've tried to get in contact with the GIMP logo author, but I haven't been able to find a valid e-mail address. At any rate, under what licensing terms is the GIMP logo under (in particular, does the license already allow for usage of the logo in a commercial application so long as it's not the primary branding)?

Thanks for any help.

Martin Nordholts
2009-08-17 17:49:09 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

GIMP logo license

On 08/17/2009 11:52 AM, Jonathan Wolf wrote:

Hi,

I've tried to get in contact with the GIMP logo author, but I haven't been able to find a valid e-mail address. At any rate, under what licensing terms is the GIMP logo under (in particular, does the license already allow for usage of the logo in a commercial application so long as it's not the primary branding)?

The logo distributed with GIMP is under GPL, but I it hard to imagine someone being against you using the logo in a "Thanks To" section where you refer to GIMP.

IANAL.

/ Martin