RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Linux GTK issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Linux GTK issue BeholdenCypress 05 May 21:03
  GIMP Linux GTK issue Carol Spears 08 May 13:29
  GIMP Linux GTK issue rich2005 08 May 14:20
   GIMP Linux GTK issue BeholdenCypress 08 May 16:16
2017-05-05 21:03:19 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP Linux GTK issue

I am using GIMP 2.8.20 on Linux. I have installed several different themes. However, when I switch to said themes, parts of the UI are still this white color and some elements of the program just plain break

Anybody either know a fix or a workaround to this?

I know GIMP uses GTK+2.0, I am running GTK+3.0 and GTK+2.0. I do not know why this is still happening even with GTK+2.0 installed

Carol Spears
2017-05-08 13:29:27 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP Linux GTK issue

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 5:03 PM, BeholdenCypress wrote:

I am using GIMP 2.8.20 on Linux. I have installed several different themes. However, when I switch to said themes, parts of the UI are still this white color and some elements of the program just plain break

I know GIMP uses GTK+2.0, I am running GTK+3.0 and GTK+2.0. I do not know why this is still happening even with GTK+2.0 installed

Can you get a screenshot of the dialog Edit --> Preferences --> Theme?

carol

rich2005
2017-05-08 14:20:16 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP Linux GTK issue

You probably have an older theme originally made for Windows. Gimp themes are not always interchangeable Win / Linux.

If you want a Dark Theme for Gimp 2.8.20 try the ones here: https://github.com/draekko/gimp-cc-themes There are screenshots on the web page.

Just tried the very dark in Kubuntu 16.04 / Gimp 2.8.20 and it works ok. Some parts will always be light - brush dialogue background for example.

2017-05-08 16:16:59 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP Linux GTK issue

You probably have an older theme originally made for Windows. Gimp themes are not always interchangeable Win / Linux.

If you want a Dark Theme for Gimp 2.8.20 try the ones here: https://github.com/draekko/gimp-cc-themes There are screenshots on the web page.

Just tried the very dark in Kubuntu 16.04 / Gimp 2.8.20 and it works ok. Some parts will always be light - brush dialogue background for example.

I actually found a fix for this, Since I am using Arch Linux, I had to install a program called kgtk that allows me to integrate GTK2 into GTK3. It works just fine now