RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

FG/BG color tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

9 of 9 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

FG/BG color tool Carusoswi 22 Aug 14:26
  FG/BG color tool Carusoswi 22 Aug 14:50
  FG/BG color tool saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com 22 Aug 17:28
   FG/BG color tool Carusoswi 23 Aug 02:46
    FG/BG color tool Sven Neumann 24 Aug 21:39
     FG/BG color tool Carusoswi 27 Aug 03:23
      FG/BG color tool David Gowers 27 Aug 04:29
  FG/BG color tool wuliaocd 18 Aug 09:43
   FG/BG color tool Owen 18 Aug 10:26
2009-08-22 14:26:49 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

FG/BG color tool

I am working through Rolf Steinort's tutorial #4 where he uses this tool on a white colored layer to introduce color corrections to the underlying image. I cannot find the tool. In his video, it is a black button at the top of the layers panel. I have no such button and have not been able to find the tool in any of the menu drop downs. What am I doing wrong? Advise much appreciated.

Caruso

2009-08-22 14:50:42 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

FG/BG color tool

Should have mentioned that I'm working with Version 2.6.6

I am working through Rolf Steinort's tutorial #4 where he uses this tool on

a

white colored layer to introduce color corrections to the underlying image.

I

cannot find the tool. In his video, it is a black button at the top of the layers panel. I have no such button and have not been able to find the

tool

in any of the menu drop downs. What am I doing wrong? Advise much appreciated.

Caruso

saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com
2009-08-22 17:28:11 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

FG/BG color tool

Quoting Carusoswi :

I am working through Rolf Steinort's tutorial #4 where he uses this tool on a white colored layer to introduce color corrections to the underlying image. I
cannot find the tool. In his video, it is a black button at the top of the layers panel. I have no such button and have not been able to find the tool in any of the menu drop downs. What am I doing wrong? Advise much appreciated.

I didn't feel like writing a thousand words, so...

http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/Temp/addtab.gif

2009-08-23 02:46:46 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

FG/BG color tool

Your "picture" was worth a thousand. I would never have found it, and I'm trying to figure out how "add tab" applies to the process of finding/opening that dialog box. But beggars can't be choosers - I am quite happy with Gimp, so I won't complain.

Thanks for our quick and helpful reply.

Caruso

I didn't feel like writing a thousand words, so...

http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/Temp/addtab.gif

Sven Neumann
2009-08-24 21:39:14 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

FG/BG color tool

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 02:46 +0200, Carusoswi wrote:

Your "picture" was worth a thousand. I would never have found it, and I'm trying to figure out how "add tab" applies to the process of finding/opening that dialog box.

You could also have opened this window by using the Windows menu in the Image menu-bar. Then you could have dragged it to one of your docks to add it there.

Sven

2009-08-27 03:23:04 UTC (almost 15 years ago)
postings

FG/BG color tool

Sven:
You're losing me. I understand that, since I've opened that window, it now shows up when I go to Windows --> Recently Closed Docks. But, if I haven't used that Dock, how would I pull it up from the Windows drop down menu? Sorry to be so dense.
Thanks.
Caruso

You could also have opened this window by using the Windows menu in the Image menu-bar. Then you could have dragged it to one of your docks to add it there.

Sven

David Gowers
2009-08-27 04:29:11 UTC (almost 15 years ago)

FG/BG color tool

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Carusoswi wrote:

Sven:
You're losing me.  I understand that, since I've opened that window, it now shows up when I go to Windows --> Recently Closed Docks.  But, if I haven't used that Dock, how would I pull it up from the Windows drop down menu? Sorry to be so dense.

Sven is talking about the 'Dockable Dialogs' submenu of the 'Windows' menu AFAICS.

2010-08-18 09:43:16 UTC (almost 14 years ago)
postings

FG/BG color tool

a

I

cannot find the tool. In his video, it is a black button at the top of the layers panel. I have no such button and have not been able to find the tool in any of the menu drop downs. What am I doing wrong? Advise much appreciated.

Caruso

Owen
2010-08-18 10:26:36 UTC (almost 14 years ago)

FG/BG color tool

a

I

cannot find the tool. In his video, it is a black button at the top of the
layers panel. I have no such button and have not been able to find the tool
in any of the menu drop downs. What am I doing wrong? Advise much appreciated.

It is just the FG/BG tool which has been added (docked) to that dialog. You don't have to dock it, you can get the tool options for the FG/BG tool by clicking on it