RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

croping an image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

croping an image icarly 10 Oct 13:01
  croping an image nathandelane 10 Oct 19:10
   croping an image malefico 10 Oct 20:48
    croping an image nathandelane 10 Oct 21:54
  croping an image Jaime Seuma 10 Oct 19:48
2008-10-10 13:01:55 UTC (over 15 years ago)
postings

croping an image

Hello

I am following the help instructions to crop an image, i do everything fine until it says, a little crop and resize information dialog box pops up, telling you information about the borders that where defined, but i do not get this when i have croped the image

When i do press the help button, and go to "crop an image" i do not get this box coming up , as it shows you on the help page.

I am a complete beginner and probably doing something wrong

can anyone help

windows xp, gimp 2.6.0

2008-10-10 19:10:24 UTC (over 15 years ago)
postings

croping an image

What tutorial are you using to crop your image? Can you give me a link or URL to it? Here is the method that I use to crop an image (by crop I assume you mean remove parts of the image and resize/reshape the image to the part that you kept.)

1. Click on the selection tool of your choice. 2. Select an area on your image that you would like to crop the image down to.
3. Copy the part of the image you are keeping by pressing Ctrl+C or using the Edit menu (then click on Copy)
4. Right click on the image and go to the Edit menu again, then click on Paste as > New Image

Now you will have the cropped image in a new frame and you can save it. I don't think that I've ever used any cropping tools or scripts in the GIMP, so I don't really know about them. In my mind though, the ideal should be: "Do things the simplest way that you can possibly think of".

Hope that helps, and if you could tell me more about the tutorial you are using, then I might be able to help more.

Nathan

Hello

I am following the help instructions to crop an image, i do everything fine until it says, a little crop and resize information dialog box pops up, telling you information about the borders that where defined, but i do not

get

this when i have croped the image

When i do press the help button, and go to "crop an image" i do not get

this

box coming up , as it shows you on the help page.

can anyone help

windows xp, gimp 2.6.0

Jaime Seuma
2008-10-10 19:48:47 UTC (over 15 years ago)

croping an image

Hello.

Select the crop tool on the tools dialog (or press shift+c). Select the rectangular area of the image that you'd like to get cropped. With this rectangular selection highlighted, you can use your mase to drag'n'drop to another position, or if you point the mouse near a border of the selection you'll be able to resize it. When you are done, just click on the center of the selection. That's all.

carl r. wrote:

Hello

I am following the help instructions to crop an image, i do everything fine until it says, a little crop and resize information dialog box pops up, telling you information about the borders that where defined, but i do not get this when i have croped the image

When i do press the help button, and go to "crop an image" i do not get this box coming up , as it shows you on the help page.

can anyone help

windows xp, gimp 2.6.0

malefico
2008-10-10 20:48:34 UTC (over 15 years ago)

croping an image

You can crop an image without copy/paste anything, just right-click on your selection and choose "Crop to Selection" and voila.

Regards

malefico.

Nathan L. wrote:

What tutorial are you using to crop your image? Can you give me a link or URL to it? Here is the method that I use to crop an image (by crop I assume you mean remove parts of the image and resize/reshape the image to the part that you kept.)

1. Click on the selection tool of your choice. 2. Select an area on your image that you would like to crop the image down to.
3. Copy the part of the image you are keeping by pressing Ctrl+C or using the Edit menu (then click on Copy)
4. Right click on the image and go to the Edit menu again, then click on Paste as > New Image

Now you will have the cropped image in a new frame and you can save it. I don't think that I've ever used any cropping tools or scripts in the GIMP, so I don't really know about them. In my mind though, the ideal should be: "Do things the simplest way that you can possibly think of".

Hope that helps, and if you could tell me more about the tutorial you are using, then I might be able to help more.

Nathan

Hello

I am following the help instructions to crop an image, i do everything fine until it says, a little crop and resize information dialog box pops up, telling you information about the borders that where defined, but i do not

get

this

can anyone help

windows xp, gimp 2.6.0

2008-10-10 21:54:10 UTC (over 15 years ago)
postings

croping an image

Crop to Selection is located in the Image menu by the way.

Nathan

You can crop an image without copy/paste anything, just right-click on your selection and choose "Crop to Selection" and voila.

Regards

malefico.

Nathan L. wrote:

What tutorial are you using to crop your image? Can you give me a link or

URL

to it? Here is the method that I use to crop an image (by crop I assume

you

mean remove parts of the image and resize/reshape the image to the part

that

you kept.)

1. Click on the selection tool of your choice. 2. Select an area on your image that you would like to crop the image

down

to.
3. Copy the part of the image you are keeping by pressing Ctrl+C or using

the

Edit menu (then click on Copy)

Now you will have the cropped image in a new frame and you can save it. I don't think that I've ever used any cropping tools or scripts in the GIMP,

so

I don't really know about them. In my mind though, the ideal should be:

"Do

things the simplest way that you can possibly think of".

Nathan

Hello

I am following the help instructions to crop an image, i do everything

fine

until it says, a little crop and resize information dialog box pops up, telling you information about the borders that where defined, but i do

not

get

this

can anyone help

windows xp, gimp 2.6.0